Nextcloud - Internal Server Error (after apt-upgrade) Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Nextcloud - Internal Server Error (after apt-upgrade)

Post by Joulinar »

This has nothing to do with DietPi directly. You are running an older image version of Debian Stretch as base OS. DietPi is just some scripting on top ;)

But to verify, simply check on Nextcloud for an available update. The last days version 21 has been released.
At least on a DEMO system, running Stretch, I was able to install NextCloud 21 without issues.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
fhals

Post by fhals »

Thank you for the clarification.
I will post any success here ;)
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Yes, officially the MariaDB version shipped with Debian Stretch is not supported anymore by Nextcloud 21, but it's still possible to install it. The admin panel shows the somehow wrong info then :D:
MariaDB version "10.1.48-MariaDB-0+deb9u1" is used. Nextcloud 21 will no longer support this version and requires MariaDB 10.2 or higher.
When installing NC20, and switching to beta branch (as it's rolled out in waves), NC21 is offered by the web UI and run through nicely.

Means, for now we can keep allowing fresh Nextcloud installs on Stretch, but I guess with NC22 at least we need to hardcode a lower version for Stretch.