Qbittorrent reinstall question

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
chucklesmcgee

Qbittorrent reinstall question

Post by chucklesmcgee »

Something's happened to my qbittorrent install. It's not connecting at the web URL or across my network and while I can see the login page locally my password is rejected, as well as default passwords.

I think the easiest thing would be to uninstall/reinstall. BUT I want to make sure the torrent files are saved so I don't have to run around manually re-adding them. What should I copy separately (or do I need to copy them separately)?
Joulinar

Re: Qbittorrent reinstall question

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

basically you can remove the current password and login with a default one. It's basically describe on Qbittorrent wiki

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... rrent-nox)

Just do following

Code: Select all

systemctl stop qbittorrent.service
nano /home/qbittorrent/.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf
## remove whole line WebUI\Password_ha1 at the bottom and save the file
systemctl start qbittorrent.service
Now you should be able to login with user qbittorrent and default password adminadmin
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

Appreciate that. My .conf file didn't have a WebUI\Password line though, which is also odd, as I had one set up a week ago or so.

The .conf file just has :
[BitTorrent]
Session\Categories=@Variant(....the rest goes there, unclear if it's sensitive or not so I'm omitting)

[Network]
Cookies=@Invalid()

[Preferences]
WebUI\Port=1340
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

These are the only 3 lines? How did you install Qbittorrent? Because by default DietPi will set way more options!
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

Joulinar wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:22 am These are the only 3 lines? How did you install Qbittorrent? Because by default DietPi will set way more options!
I'm just as confused as you. I used dietpi-software to install. Things had been going well until maybe Feb 4th or so, it seems based on automated torrent history.

I noticed my web page went down after what I think was a scheduled update, seems that nordvpn inadvertently was turned on and turning that off seemed to fix that issue. And then qbittorrent wasn't working.

Appreciate any advice if you think this could be bigger than something odd with qbittorrent
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

hmm usually DietPi will not perform an automated updated. But ok let's try to fix Qbittorrent

systemctl stop qbittorrent.service
rm /home/qbittorrent/.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf
dietpi-software reinstall 46
this should re-create the config file and allow normal access
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

I appreciate the advice. I ran that and it says the installation was complete, however I still can't login and the new configuration file I pulled at the location you gave me still has the same .conf file.

root@DietPi:/# qbittorrent-nox -v
qBittorrent v4.1.5
I'm running dietpi v.6.34.3. This is kind of baffling, maybe I'm missing something really basic?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

it is important to stop Qbittorrent first and remove the incorrect conf file afterwards before trying to re-install. The conf file should not be present at the moment you re-insall, otherwise the config will not be re-created.
chucklesmcgee

Post by chucklesmcgee »

There we go, looks like when I ran through the first time after I stopped the service I made a backup when prompted and doing so then restarted the qbittorrent service.

So I can now login after deleting the password line, but 99% of my torrent files aren't shown in the UI (20 vs 2000). I see

/home/qbittorrent/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup has what looks like all my torrents (lots of fast resume and .torrent files with obscured names).

Do I just add these all or is there some better way to do this?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

honestly I don't know, just give it a try