support for basic needs Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
gegecroute

support for basic needs

Post by gegecroute »

Hi,
First of all, I would like to thanks Dietpi and all the supporting team for this wonderful tool, simple, efficient and easy to handle for a noob like me. I was able to successfully install a Rpi with services such as Calibre (ebooks), Ubooquity (comics) and jellyfin (media). I used an Rpi3+ with fresh install of Diepti Allo GUI image.

But due to my limited skills, I need some additional support:
1. I have tested Nextcloud and deleted it after a while. How to fully delete the user data (I guess located in dietpi_userdata folder which I moved to an external HDD thanks to drive_manager)
2. Is it possible to host (only locally) a static website (bunch of html, css files) on my Rpi through a webserver or whatever else which is supposedly already installed . I would like to access this static site through a local address (such as 192.xx.xxx.xx:yyy or whatever) and having links to the various services (for the time being with no outside internet access). Any guidance will be much appreciated (where to put the site files, how to access, .)
3. I have access to the dietpi data folder (external HDD) through fileserver (samba and ftp share) but I have not the access rights to deal with files in dietpi_userdata folder. How to be able to grant access rights to this folder in order to copy/paste inside this folder easily via a W10 machine for example?
4. with samba share I am able to access the HDD connected to the RPi from a Windows 10 machine on the same local network. How to access the Windows 10 shared folder from the RPi itself and mount the W10 shared folders in Dietpi OS

Sorry for the likely silly questions (or too obvious for some of you), as I am not a developer
Thanks in advance
Joulinar

Re: support for basic needs

Post by Joulinar »

let me try to answer your questions one by one
1. I have tested Nextcloud and deleted it after a while. How to fully delete the user data (I guess located in dietpi_userdata folder which I moved to an external HDD thanks to drive_manager)
just have a look to /mnt/dietpi_userdata/ if there is a nextcloud folder. If yes, simply delete it
2. Is it possible to host (only locally) a static website (bunch of html, css files) on my Rpi through a webserver or whatever else which is supposedly already installed . I would like to access this static site through a local address (such as 192.xx.xxx.xx:yyy or whatever) and having links to the various services (for the time being with no outside internet access). Any guidance will be much appreciated (where to put the site files, how to access, .)
yes you can host your own web site. On a standard webserver installation, DietPi will set web server root to /var/www. Just place your web site there or create a sub folder. by default, web server will be running on standard port 80 and can be access as follow: http://192.xx.xx.xx or if you have used a sub folder http://192.xx.xx.xx/folder
3. I have access to the dietpi data folder (external HDD) through fileserver (samba and ftp share) but I have not the access rights to deal with files in dietpi_userdata folder. How to be able to grant access rights to this folder in order to copy/paste inside this folder easily via a W10 machine for example?
you would need to check file/folder permissions on /mnt/dietpi_userdata/ (default samba share). Access to the directory is done using user dietpi
4. with samba share I am able to access the HDD connected to the RPi from a Windows 10 machine on the same local network. How to access the Windows 10 shared folder from the RPi itself and mount the W10 shared folders in Dietpi OS
external network shares can be mounted using dietpi-drive_manager
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
gegecroute

Re: support for basic needs

Post by gegecroute »

Thanks a lot for the clear support