New install - packages not updating Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: New install - packages not updating

Post by Joulinar »

strange that it has been failed. Usually it's straight forward activity. Add the new repository + key and install sonarr via apt. :?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
christiaan

Post by christiaan »

I'm a Linux beginner so I probably did something wrong. When I got the question on which user and group to use I ESCed out of it to look up the correct user and group. When I tried to restart the installation again it says V3 was already installed. But V2 was still showing when I opened up Sonarr in the browser. I then removed V2 completely and tried to install V3 again without any luck. Still saying V3 is installed already but I'm not able to open it in the browser. So ended up installing V2 again ;) .

I could give it another GO if you can help me getting rit ov V3 completely :D so I can go start from scratch with V3.

Appreciate fact you following this topic!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

this should answer the question for user and group during sonarr upgrade viewtopic.php?p=30575#p30575

And yes the dialog is showing up only once during initial upgrade. That's how Sonarr guys have build it.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

Code: Select all

sudo apt update 
then

Code: Select all

sudo apt upgrade -y
update only updates the repositories...upgrade updates the programs
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well question was about upgrading Sonarr from v2 to v3 and there it is working differently due to the nature of the software title