mdadm raid 5 not automounting

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
inspector71

Re: mdadm raid 5 not automounting

Post by inspector71 »

Joulinar wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:40 pm Best would be to boot dietpi from usb pen, attach your disk as own device/raid and use this is DietPi user data location.

I don't think you could boot from a software raid but feel free and try out
Imagine you may well be correct there as - from very vague memory - I have usually got all the way up to the GRUB install phase and it's usually failed there. I suppose I would be best off documenting my experiences to help me remember and relate them to others who might be able to help. How to take screenshots of whiptail interfaces though!? I'll see if there's any way and or rely on camera photos of the screen as a fallback.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

yes if you don't have SSH access or any remote solution, taking pictures would be easiest.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
inspector71

Post by inspector71 »

Joulinar wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:01 am yes if you don't have SSH access or any remote solution, taking pictures would be easiest.
Always set up SSH, key based of course :)

Is there a command line tool for screenshots that I'm not aware of? Perhaps some Ctrl + Alt + F* to switch to another console (much like multi desktops) and tell some tool to capture the console X where the setup is running? Or not. Sounds like a good idea if not :)

Otherwise, I guess you may have been alluding to something like VNC? That wouldn't work in console / terminal set up mode though, would it?

Always wanted a screenshot tool for documenting setup steps for posterity.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I don't use any desktop or VNC as all my systems are headless. Therefore taking pictures from a SSH client is not an issue ;)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team