dietpi-arr_to_RAM for Bazarr

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
kopfnick

dietpi-arr_to_RAM for Bazarr

Post by kopfnick »

I saw it mentioned in some threads on a sidenote, but never answered:
Are there plans to extend dietpi-arr_to_RAM to also support Bazarr?

I found that my HDD is on around the clock again since i installed this very helpful piece of software :)
giresse

Re: dietpi-arr_to_RAM for Bazarr

Post by giresse »

Please look into this would be a great addition to the system.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

probably this is going to be removed completely. Because Sonarr and Radarr are changed their way to store database and not compatible anymore.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

We'll implement Sonarr V3 first, and then go through all of them to see whether linking the database to RAM can be still accomplished safely and also if it's still that beneficial. The main reason to implement the RAM link feature was that Sonarr v2, Radarr and Lidarr did constantly write to it in short intervals, which means that external drives were spinning constantly. If this has been improved, so that the database in only written when a download did actually change it's state, or a setting has been changed, then I think the minimal performance benefit only is not worth the effort and risk of data loss when the system crashes.
kopfnick

Post by kopfnick »

I actually recently noticed that the external drive is rattling regularily every few seconds again (after disabling Bazarr!).
This was after one of the dietpi upgrades which brought Radarr 3 with it, and looking at htop the Radarr process is constantly moving to the top spot every few seconds.

So @MichaIng, i guess this has not improved at all - seems worse tbh, but could be false memory ;-)

To be fair, I did not look at the new settings for v3 yet, maybe it is possible to reduce this...
What i did today was to stop the Radarr service and now the drive is completely silent.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Okay, I'll see if we can add support for Radarr v3 and Sonarr v3.
kopfnick

Post by kopfnick »

@MichaIng i just realized that dietpi-arr_to_ram is working on the shiny new v3s of Radarr and Sonarr, thanks to everyone involved 8)

Is there now some way to add it to Bazarr?
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

I totally forgot too mention the fix here :). Bazaar, even that it shares the same naming converting, is quite different from the other three, also in terms of it's database. It does not use SQLite like the others do. Are there as well frequent disk writes when it runs?