Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
cktechie

Re: Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by cktechie »

Path to documents is correct and permissions are set as below:
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Path for the documents is correct and permissions is set as below:

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /mnt/dietpi_userdata/nextcloud_data

Also, I have run the scan command,

root@NextCloud:~# ncc files:scan --all
Starting scan for user 1 out of 2 (admin)
Starting scan for user 2 out of 2 (spareadmin)
+---------+-------+--------------+
| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |
| 64 | 2417 | 00:03:56 |

web gui for nextcloud is slow, and does not pull all the photos uploaded
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

usually if you perform a restor of Nextcloud database, no file system scan should be needed
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

I think, we need to tackle this another way.

Suppose I have the backup for NextCloud Data (Documents, Photos, Videos) and the Dietpi with NextCloud Crashes.

Can I install fresh Dietpi with NExtCloud and simply "import" all the NextCloud Data without importing the database, is there a bulk process?

Restoring from backup and database backup has too many issues and hurdles, have tried this 3 times now and fails / or not acceptable solution.

can you please guide.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Well the whole process is dedicated to Nextcloud. There is literally limited impact from DietPi side. Nextcloud command to scan files is ncc files:scan --all. You could have a look to Nextcloud documentation. There are some more options on the scan command.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

I have posted on Nextcloud Community for the issue I am seeing, will post it here when I hear.

Also, as mentioned earlier, I did install the Nextcloudpi with curl installer, uploaded some photos via web, took a backup and restored.. works smoothly with the nc-backup and nc-restore!
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Did a lot of testing... found some results, some good, some not so good, some useful!

1. Dietpi with Nextcloud -- backup and restore -- with external drive is a tough thing, restore works with a lot of workaround commands, and final response is very slow - tried this multiple times. This is my experience, not any comment on dietpi

2. Used NextCloudPi - installed using Vanilla Raspberry Pi OS and installed with Curl installer, uses USB Drive smoothly, backup is fantastic, restore is awesome with Database, not much to worry.

Only way to bulk import I have found is using NextCloud Desktop App.

If it is a single user requirement for NextCloud - only photo, video, document upload -- just forget all the backup / restore, fresh install the NextCloud and bulk import using the desktop app.. use NC on Dietpi or NextCloudPi... both work out the same way.

But I would prefer NextCloudPi over Dietpi with NC.

Hope this post helps others,

Got a lot of useful updates and help from this post and Dietpi community :)