Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
krtpowa

Re: Nextcloud en Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by krtpowa »

Joulinar wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:31 pm @krtpowa
The version of DietPi has no real relation to the Debian version. There will be no new version for MariaDB as you are on Stretch. You would need to upgrade to Debian Buster to get further updates. Current version of MariaDB on Buster is 10.3.

Even if we did not support Debian version upgrades, you might have a look into this post viewtopic.php?p=18988#p18988
Thank you, it was what I feared.
I will have to start thinking about starting from 0 with a new installation.
Joulinar

Re: Nextcloud on Dietpi v6.34.3

Post by Joulinar »

well you could clone/copy your SD card and try to upgrade to Buster.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Joulinar, I ran the commands, after which the NC page launched however it does not let me login with previous created user login, used for backup as well as admin account.

Looks as if it just does not know the previous accounts.
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Also, as an alternative, I have moved to the NextCloudPi (custom installation image) as well as the NextCloud install on Raspbian, 2 separate installs and try out the back and restore options.

NextCloud on Dietpi, at this point in time, does not seem to be easy for backup and restore,

Will wait to hear from Joulinar and others, who have helped tremendously so far!!
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

sorry I overlook your feedback. NextCloud user can be reset as follow

Code: Select all

ncc user:resetpassword admin
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

Thanks for the command,

I was able to reset the password for admin. Once i logged in, not able to see any of the previous data / photos I had uploaded. Also created one other account for testing, that account too is missing in the account list.

any suggestions?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

for me it looks like you did not restored the database, therefore it's all empty. Anyway you could perform a file system scan to load all documents

ncc files:scan --all
This will rescan all files of all known users
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

I am planning to do a sql backup from original setup and perform a restore, however what is the password I should be using?

Have tried the initial software password used for the Dietpi Installation, password from the config.php?

dietpi@NextCloudPi:~$ sudo mysqldump --single-transaction -h X.X.X.X -u oc_admin -p XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [nextcloud] >  nextcloud-sqlbkp_`date +"%Y%m%d"`.bak
Enter password:
mysqldump: Got error: 2002: "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'X.X.X.X' (115)" when trying to connect
----------------
EDIT - I checked few more, did run a backup using the root account, able to do a sql backup after that (not sure if it is a good idea to use the root account!!)

mysqldump --single-transaction -h 127.0.0.1 -u root nextcloud >  nextcloud-sqlbkp_`date +"%Y%m%d"`.bak
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

using root is fine as root is the superuser for the database

Just to show how DietPi is doing if you would remove NextCloud. One step during uninstallation is to create a DB backup

mysqldump nextcloud > $datadir/dietpi-nextcloud-database-backup.sql
$datadir is a variable and grep from config files

Fare more simple :)
cktechie

Post by cktechie »

that is a great input, I will try that,

So far, I think the Dietpi-restore does not help much with the nextcloud restore. So my plan now is to do a full backup of nextcloud directory, database backup, and try the restore AFTER dietpi-backup has been restored.