Nextcloud file transfer speed

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Tox

Nextcloud file transfer speed

Post by Tox »

Hello,
First of all, let me apologize for my English and my poor knowledge on Rpi (newbie).

I have a brand new Dietpi and Nextcloud installation and I'm a little bit surprised with the file transfer speed.
I'm using a Rpi4, usb stick 3.0 (for database) and a gigabit ethernet local network. The server used is Lighttpd (default).
The iperf3 test seems to be OK:
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Retr Cwnd
[ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 112 MBytes 940 Mbits/sec 0 444 KBytes
[ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 112 MBytes 938 Mbits/sec 0 444 KBytes
When I try to upload a file to the Nextcloud server with another PC (linux or Windows) on my local network I always get a speed of 10-12 MB/s. Regarding the fact that I get the same transfer speed as another Rpi3 without gigabit for Nas functionnality is it normal ? Should I test something else ? :?
Regards.
Joulinar

Re: Nextcloud file transfer speed

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

limiting factor is the r/w speed of your SD card in your RPi device. First your web server will upload the files in chunks on a temp folder before it is going to puzzle them together on their final location.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Tox

Post by Tox »

OK thanks, but if the SD card is limiting the speed will a USB SSD improve the speed or is it just a waste of time ?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

honestly I don't know as I don't use a SSD on my device
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team