Wetty Docker possible on Rpi 3? Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Wetty Docker possible on Rpi 3?

Post by Joulinar »

it's basically similar to what we discussed on the AriaNG topic. You would need to check DNS resolution from inside the container

viewtopic.php?p=28851#p28851
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

Joulinar wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:35 am ok this guide I created on a RPi 3 Model B+ (armv7l) running DietPi v6.34.3
  1. basic DietPi installation
  2. install Git (ID 17), Docker (ID 162), Portainer (ID 185) using dietpi-software
  3. open Portainer
  4. connect to your endpoint
  5. go to images
  6. click + Build a new image
  7. name: dietpi/wetty
  8. select Build method: URL
  9. URL to be added: https://github.com/svenihoney/docker-wetty-alpine.git
  10. hit: Build the image
  11. this will take time now ... For me it was around 30 minutes
  12. to watch the progress, connect to your system using SSH and open htop. There should be some activity as long as the new image will be created
  13. once completed, portainer will switch and show the output. Don't worry if it's empty showing No build output available.
  14. now you are able to start container from command line (SSH)

Code: Select all

docker run -dt -e REMOTE_SSH_SERVER=192.168.x.x -e REMOTE_SSH_PORT=22 -e REMOTE_SSH_USER=root -p 3000:3000 --name wetty dietpi/wetty
  15. It will expose port 3000. Ensure it's not already used by other application
  16. on portainer > images you can remove the unused image without tag. This was used to build ours. On the other hand node:carbon-alpine you are not able to delete as it is a parent image for our wetty one
  17. now Wetty should be reachable on http://192.168.x.x:3000
And Happy New Year 2021
Very awesome!!!!!
stephane77

Post by stephane77 »

Hi Joulinar,
Maybe I didn't explain well or I just don't understand! I tried both scenarios.

docker run -dt -e REMOTE_SSH_SERVER=RaspberryPi -e REMOTE_SSH_PORT=22 -e REMOTE_SSH_USER=root -p 3000:3000 --name wetty --restart unless-stopped dietpi/wetty
docker run -dt -e REMOTE_SSH_SERVER=192.168.1.108 -e REMOTE_SSH_PORT=22 -e REMOTE_SSH_USER=root -p 3000:3000 --name wetty --restart unless-stopped dietpi/wetty

This one "REMOTE_SSH_SERVER=192.168.1.108" works.

The difference with AriaNg I can ping everything. I can ping google.ca, google IP and RaspberryPi within WeTTy so the docker is alright! Maybe the "REMOTE_SSH_SERVER" expects an IP and not a domain? RaspberryPi = 192.168.1.108 and as a safety measure it's blocked, just guessing!

I just thinking that I can't build the docker with the domain because it's expecting an IP and nothing else? Just try to understand if it's a limitation, a safety measure or what!

Regards,
Stephane
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi @stephane77,

I fully understood you. I did a test and was able to use a DNS instead of IP address. Means, it's working this way as well.

REMOTE_SSH_SERVER=dietpi4.lan
You would need to check DNS settings inside the container to ensure the container knows who RaspberryPi is. It can be checked as follow

docker exec -it wetty cat /etc/resolv.conf
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team