Nanopi Fire3 - Friendly Elec

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
jeyjey

Nanopi Fire3 - Friendly Elec

Post by jeyjey »

I tryed Diatpi on this board and the U-boot stopped to work at the boot time. Only the first raw was shown.
Joulinar

Re: Nanopi Fire3 - Friendly Elec

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your message. Usually image should be working. Maybe developer @MichaIng could have a look.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
jeyjey

Post by jeyjey »

Hi, thanks for the reply. It runs only the own linux image as attached. I tryed also Armbian. I like the way to preconfig in a TXT file. It is great for who want to configure a cluster. In the cluster machines there are often the same SCB repeatly some times, so you can create a multiple image with only some variations that can placed in a config.txt. This is my theory. Then both Dietpi and Armbian are unable to boot the Nanopi Fire3. So I abandoned.
Attachments
friendlyelec_img.jpg
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

as said, something the developer would need to look into.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Can you please try to connect via SSH?

There was a bug as TTY1 was disabled on Fire3: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/comm ... 0ec853a554
I removed the workaround since it didn't apply anymore on the newer images and was not required on one of our contributors board: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/comm ... 159cad838e

If indeed the board actually does boot, you can try to apply this workaround. Switch to TTY2 (should be F2 key on the keyboard), then e.g. via SSH:

Code: Select all

echo -e '#!/bin/dash\chvt 2' /var/lib/dietpi/postboot.d/fire3_tty2 # to switch to TTY2 automatically at end of boot
systemctl enable --now getty@tty2 # to enable the login mask on TTY2
jeyjey

Post by jeyjey »

Hi, thanks for the replies.