Help with auto starting applications Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
haaken675

Re: Help with auto starting applications

Post by haaken675 »

I got it to work this time. I'm not sure which part i missed originally, but after going through it meticulously i got it to work.

Is there a good way to keep up on changes follow the directories/coding works? I don't do a lot of this, and most all of it comes down to the bare minimum to getting the system working on my race car. I know i'll have to do this again in the future for any number of reasons and don't want to run into the same kind of issue again.

Thanks again for the help.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

probably something screwed up during testing :?

What did you like to keep track on exactly? On your own changes or on changes done on DietPi scripting ?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
haaken675

Post by haaken675 »

I might have to reload the software entirely once a year, possibly more. Since i so rarely do this, what I typically do is write down and save the exact steps used previously. If something changes such as no longer using /home/root that can throw me off and cause me to have to go through the process i just did of trying the same things over and over, searching, and eventually coming to a helpful forum like this and asking silly questions I'm sure most people actually know :lol:

Is there a database or some way to track when something like a root directory change is done between versions, updates, etc?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well there is a version history available on various places

Forum viewforum.php?f=10
GitHub https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/blob ... NGELOG.txt
DietPi Docs https://dietpi.com/docs/release-notes/
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team