Will DietPi work on the NanoPi R2S

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
gtludwig

Will DietPi work on the NanoPi R2S

Post by gtludwig »

I installed DietPi on my Odroid HC2 and I found it absolutely amazing. Congrats to all responsible for this brilliant project.

I also got a new SBC, the NanoPi R2S, and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with installing DietPi on it as it is not listed in the supported devices list. It sports a Rockchip SOC (RK3328) and there is support for RK3399 and RK3308. So I would not imagine it failing to install.

Thoughts?
Joulinar

Re: Will DietPi work on the NanoPi R2S

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

you simple can give it a try. You will recognise it soon if it is not working ;)

Another option is to use an Armbian Buster image https://www.armbian.com/nanopi-r2s/
and trans form it into DietPi using PREP script https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/1285
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
gtludwig

Post by gtludwig »

Joulinar wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:27 pm Hi,

you simple can give it a try. You will recognise it soon if it is not working ;)
Cheers,

I'll have a go at it some time and will post back! It is now live with a FriendlyWRT image and, though it runs rather hot with its plastic case on, once I removed I noticed some 10C drop in temperature, enough to prevent the noisy fan to stay shut...
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I recommend using the Armbian Buster if you go for the PREP script
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team