Boot/Splash Screen - Disable It?

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
ripken204

Boot/Splash Screen - Disable It?

Post by ripken204 »

I am trying to disable as much of the boot text as possible and am nearly there.
I am struggling to disable the initial boot screen, does anyone know of a way?
Yes, I have added: logo.nologo to /boot/cmdline.txt

Joulinar

Re: Boot/Splash Screen - Disable It?

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your message. Did you tried to set disable_splash=1 within /boot/config.txt ?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
ripken204

Post by ripken204 »

Yes, that is actually disabled by default
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

DietPi for Raspberry PI devices is nothing else than a Raspberry OS with some nice scripts on to and a reduced amount of packages installed. Means, whatever is working to deactivate the splash screen on plain Raspberry OS, will most probably work on DietPi as well.

Maybe one of these two guides could help you

https://shop.sb-components.co.uk/blogs/ ... spberry-pi
https://www.thedigitalpictureframe.com/ ... 9-version/
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
ripken204

Post by ripken204 »

It's not 100% normal raspbian though, these techniques work for normal raspbian but not necessarily for dietpi.
For example, there is no /usr/share/plymouth directory.

I tried the splash screen service and it actually added my custom logo image to anther part of the boot process, it does not replace the screen in my photo.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well one of the packages that have been removed in DietPi from plain Raspberry OS. You should be able to install it but not sure if this will help on your case

Code: Select all

apt install plymouth