Dietpi-update fails looking for rpi-eeprom [-images] Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Dietpi-update fails looking for rpi-eeprom [-images]

Post by Joulinar »

well DietPi for Raspberry Pi devices is based on Raspberry OS. Basically we depend on RPi Foundation and their development of a 64bit OS. However DietPi did some homework to be able to support the Raspberry OS 64bit as soon as it get official released by the RPi Foundation.

https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/3570

Maybe you could keep us posted on the development on Allo side :)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Dietpi-update fails looking for rpi-eeprom [-images]

Post by MichaIng »

There is anyway some work to do on Allo images, e.g. I need to find time to upgrade our Allo GUI pre-installed images. I always wanted to rework the way we pre-install images, i.e. allowing to pre-install any software title during DietPi-PREP and still get the cleanup and firstrun setup steps (which include fresh hardware UUID, SSH key and such, quite important). But I think I'll do it the old way for now, so they're at least Buster.

The Allo Sparky SBC image needs to be upgraded to Buster as well. Actually the ancient Linux 3.10.38 might have issues with it, but we must take that step anyway, at latest until next summer when Stretch becomes oldoldstable and we drop support for it.

So when this is done, I'll contact Allo and try to update all our information an backlinks.