Rpi3 + Plex Media Server + Bittorrent

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
mefistos

Re: Rpi3 + Plex Media Server + Bittorrent

Post by mefistos »

Fourdee wrote:
mefistos wrote:Did you change any settings in Plex? I am trying to get it streaming on 1 device and I cant get more than 10s without a video stuttering... :cry:
If your running PMS on a RPi 3 or similar, disable transcoding and use the original stream. It cant handle transcoding.
Untitled.png
If problems persists with original stream, its a bandwidth limitation issue on device, client and/or network. Or, inability to play original stream due to lack of hw support for codec.
So there is nothing else to change? In server settings or something? Do I keep it default?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

mefistos wrote: So there is nothing else to change? In server settings or something? Do I keep it default?
On the PMS server, set the following (as per image): http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=796#p5272

On the clients, streaming from PMS, I believe its select "default", or, "original stream".

That should disable transcoding.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
mefistos

Post by mefistos »

Fourdee wrote:
mefistos wrote: So there is nothing else to change? In server settings or something? Do I keep it default?
On the PMS server, set the following (as per image): http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=796#p5272

On the clients, streaming from PMS, I believe its select "default", or, "original stream".

That should disable transcoding.
I will give it a try, Thanks ;)
drakecoldwinter

Post by drakecoldwinter »

In my Mac I installed the official media player application and it was shuttering and having troubles. I installed OpenPHT instead (unofficial plex media player) and I have no shuttering anymore. Also I'm using a second Raspberry with Rasplex installed and I setted Direct Stream for local and remote quality (look previous posts). My roomate is using Windows with OpenPHT also, no troubles. Also there is a samsung Tv that was shuttering until I setted local stream and remote stream to Original, since them no more shutter.

The key is that every single client must define Direct Stream (Original) on local and remote quality to ensure there is no transcoding. As long as there is no transcoding my raspberry is able to handle 3 simultaneus streams without hiccups.