Populating dietpi.txt on DietPi for VMware

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
feardamhan

Populating dietpi.txt on DietPi for VMware

Post by feardamhan »

Has anyone done this? With my actual Pis, I just fill out this file, pop it on the SD card and boot the pi so that its on the right static IP and installs any software I want. Anyone got a creative way to put this inside the VMDK without needing to install a bunch of other utils to crack open the VMDK and inject the files? What would be really *great* is for dietPi to offer an ovf, with ovf properties that could be read in during deployment of the OVF. Anyone got anything like that? I could start working on one if not.
Joulinar

Re: Populating dietpi.txt on DietPi for VMware

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your request. Currently this feature is not available and not offered by default.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
PJConley

Post by PJConley »

Are there any plans to expand functionality in the future? Will this feature be developed?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well DietPi is providing the ready to use vmdk disks. Theoretically you would need to mount the disk on a different linux system. Than you might be able to manage the dietpi.txt file
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team