Argon One Case Fan Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation or found a bug? Post it here.
christiaan

Re: Argon One Case Fan

Post by christiaan »

@barukh your suggestion worked for me as well after first attempt gave errors .Thanks! I used the dietpi-cleaner (select in the launcher) and checked all the boxes and cleaned it up. After that run the Argon install again and scripts finished without errors. I do have to check if the fan comes on, might do a small stress test for that.

But, I'm already happy with this case. Temperature of my Pi was always above 55. Not it started even below 40 degrees. Cool runnings CPU says 8)
WarHawk

Post by WarHawk »

I wonder if you needed to install the pre-reqs

Code: Select all

sudo apt install python-setuptools python-pip python-dev gcc python-smbus python3-smbus i2c-tools
Then try and install the script

Very nice find!!!!! Thanks!!!!
VHSJayden

Post by VHSJayden »

Sorry to bring up a dead post but after installing the regular and the OSMC version of the script, nothing helps. The power button works perfectly, but the fan just refuses to turn on. I can't get the fan to kick on for some reason. I tried installing the prerequisites, but everything was already installed. Maybe it doesn't work on the newest dietpi version? Any ideas?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I don't think there is a direct influence of DietPi as DietPi is not an own OS. It's a set o scripts on top of a base image. For RPI device, we use Raspberry OS with a reduced amount of packages. That's why it is Diet :)

Did you tried this one already

curl https://download.argon40.com/argon1.sh | bash
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
VHSJayden

Post by VHSJayden »

That somehow worked. I swore I used that script before. Anyway, thank you for the help!
VHSJayden

Post by VHSJayden »

I'm trying to figure out what I did to make the service work earlier today. After a fresh install, the fan still won't seem to kick on again. Argonone.service fails to run for some reason. I don't know what else I did differently last time except wait a few hours to install it again. Its a super strange bug. Would there be a log to see why it fails that I can send you? Here's what it says:

root@DietPi:~# sudo systemctl status argononed.service
● argononed.service - Argon One Fan and Button Service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/argononed.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2021-05-24 00:36:30 BST; 8s ago
  Process: 2043 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /usr/bin/argononed.py (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 2043 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: argononed.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: argononed.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: Stopped Argon One Fan and Button Service.
May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: argononed.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: argononed.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 24 00:36:30 DietPi systemd[1]: Failed to start Argon One Fan and Button Service.
root@DietPi:~#
VHSJayden

Post by VHSJayden »

Okay so I think I got it to work correctly. I first had to install the OSMC version, reboot, and install the regular version. After another reboot, it runs perfectly.