Ssh doesn't work after some time connected via wifi Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Ssh doesn't work after some time connected via wifi

Post by Joulinar »

according time stamp in your screen print, this happen 5 sec after boot. Not sure if this has a relation to your failing WiFi as this happen on a later stage (hour later)
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
slalo19

Post by slalo19 »

That is true, I have tried doing the dietpi-config connection test and it seems that it is connected to the internet but I cannot access it in any way (web or ssh). The wifi monitor service is active and I cannot find any suspicious messages in dmesg or journalctl, at the time of disconnection, only these messages appear, attached screenshot.
Attachments
Kernel messages in dmesg
Kernel messages in dmesg
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Are you able to ping anything on the web like Google or any other website once connection seams to be dropped ?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
slalo19

Post by slalo19 »

Yes, it only fails when trying to connect via ssh or web interface
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Are you able to ping DietPi devices from outside once connection failing?
slalo19

Post by slalo19 »

Okay, this is weird but on some devices on my local network I can ping and on others I can't. From a raspberry with dietpi I can ping, but from my windows computer I cannot ping. Attached screenshots, the ip in my local network is 192.168.1.110

EDIT: Sorry for the first one in Spanish but it says that all the packages have been lost.
Attachments
ping from windows
ping from windows
Ping from raspberry
Ping from raspberry
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Indeed strange that connection is working for some devices. Can you use SSH from the PRi to the netbook?
trendy

Post by trendy »

How are all these devices connected? I mean the .101, the 110, and .130 .
Are they by cable or Wifi? Are they all in the same network? Is there wireless client isolation by any chance?
Is there a switch in your network? If yes is it managed?
Which router are you using?
slalo19

Post by slalo19 »

I think I have solved the problem, my local network is made up of two routers (the main one and an access point), the devices connected to the main one can connect by ssh but those of the access point cannot. I have tried changing various settings of ap router and it worked by changing Network Key Rotation Interval field from 3600 to 0.

The 130 and 110 was connected to the router ap and the 101 to the main router, there the problem.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

ok good. how it's solved