Perf and Access to ARM Performance Counters with DietPi Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Jonathan Lambert

Perf and Access to ARM Performance Counters with DietPi

Post by Jonathan Lambert »

Hi,

I am considering migrating over to DietPi, from Raspbian, primarily due to the fact that 'perf' does not return all performance counter stats on Raspbian. For example branches and branch miss-rates etc.

Does 'perf' on DietPi provide access to the full collection of Arm performance counters?

Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thanks.

Jonathan
Joulinar

Re: Perf and Access to ARM Performance Counters with DietPi

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

many thanks for your request. DietPi is not an own Operating System or Distribution. DietPi is a bundle of scripts on top of a standard Debian installation. Nothing more. Depending on the type of SBC, different base images are used. In case of Raspberry Pi devices, the base image a Raspbian Lite. Means, whatever not working on Raspbian might not be working on DietPi as well. However you may like to try out as setting up will just take a couple of minutes and a free SD card.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Jonathan Lambert

Post by Jonathan Lambert »

Aha.

That helps a lot. I just saw the link to DietPi on a YouTube video and said I would have a look. Thanks so much for the prompt reply.

Regards.

Jonathan
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

The benefit of DietPi is the simplification of thinks and the high level of automation. so it's always worth a look
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team