Pi Serial

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
scargill

Pi Serial

Post by scargill »

When installing DIETPI on the likes of the NEO and M2 - when then trying to use the serial ports in Node-Red as normal Pi user - no problem on NEO and M2

On the real Raspberry Pi, That serial port works (as long as you stop it doing debug and I'm pretty sure it is not doing debug by default on DietPi).... I checked user groups for user Pi - and THAT is not it.

Adding read/write for that serial port for users OTHER works.... might be a good idea to do that by default in the setup as users will expect that to work in the likes of Node-Red... hence TTYAMA0 permissions I set to 0660 and that fixed that problem.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Pi Serial

Post by Fourdee »

scargill wrote: Adding read/write for that serial port for users OTHER works.... might be a good idea to do that by default in the setup as users will expect that to work in the likes of Node-Red... hence TTYAMA0 permissions I set to 0660 and that fixed that problem.
Hi Pete,

Makes sense, excellent idea. Should help end users and keep everything consistent over all DietPi devices.
Git Ticket: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/566
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Pi Serial

Post by Fourdee »

Pete,

How are you setting permissions on boot? Mine seem to be reset on RPi after boot has completed (using udev rule): https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -255522601
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.