How to add clients to my Pihole? Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
przemko

How to add clients to my Pihole?

Post by przemko »

Hello, I install pihole on my Rpi4 with Dietpi. I watch YT tutorial and after instalation I have to set my Dietpi server as DNS in router. What can I do if my router don't have that option? I have Technicolor Router CGA2121. Manual: https://www.inea.pl/files/obsluga_klien ... -09-21.pdf.
As You can see on page 20 on LAN & DHCP settings there's no DNS settings but at the bottom is option to add DDNS like no-ip.com... (that maual is not current). I search everywhere on router settings and cannot find DNS option. Is there some other way to add clients to my Pihole?
Regards Przemek
Joulinar

Re: How to add clients to my Pihole?

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

simply use PiHole as DHCP sever and disable DHCP on your Router. This way, your client will get DNS setting to use PiHole.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
przemko

Re: How to add clients to my Pihole?

Post by przemko »

Hi, I disable DHCP on router first and now cannot connect to my network. Do You know fix for that?
Edit. OK I reset my router, set DHCP on Pihole admin and then disable on router. Everything is working now great. Thank You one more time. You're the MAN!!!
Regards Przemko.