Sonarr/Radarr services failed on v6.29.2 Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Sonarr/Radarr services failed on v6.29.2

Post by Joulinar »

@nicheplayer
pls can you check how it behave once you are on 2.0.0.5344??
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

Same crash as always. Sonarr devs are recommending I try rolling back my mono install to see if I can isolate where the trouble starts (and to see if it's in fact related to mono). Is there an easy way to do that rollback via DietPi/apt?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well you would need the debian package. But this needs to be provided by Sonarr. DietPi is just pulling the package from Sonarr. And there is just the last one. Other option is to build it yourself from source. But this is a manual step. So probably Sonarr guys can provide older version as debian package as this would be much easier.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

nicheplayer wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 pm
GaryD wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 pm Weird mine is all stable after doing this.
I'm going to try it. Gary, which version of sonarr did apt command give you? I wasn't picking up the most recent version of the software when I did it last....
Mine was stable enough to upgrade through the gui. Prob changing the source list is a good idea as mentioned already. Gui updated me to 2.0.0.5344 released March 14 2020.

So far 2 days uptime where it was an hour or two at best before.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Joulinar wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 am well you would need the debian package. But this needs to be provided by Sonarr. DietPi is just pulling the package from Sonarr. And there is just the last one. Other option is to build it yourself from source. But this is a manual step. So probably Sonarr guys can provide older version as debian package as this would be much easier.
Huh isnt mono coming from the main distro as listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
What version of mono is everyone running?

Code: Select all

mono --version
dietpi@DietPi:~$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue May 12 15:31:43 UTC 2020)
@nicheplayer If you have something older try

sudo apt update && apt upgrade
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

Also, make sure you have Mono installed in dietpi-software (i assume this is installed as a pre-req to sonarr/radarr), this should ensure you are pulling the latest from the repo:

sudo dietpi-software
Select Search
enter "mono" and tick it
Ok
Install
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

GaryD wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:34 am What version of mono is everyone running?
I'm running Mono JIT compiler version 6.8.0.123 (tarball Tue May 12 15:38:29 UTC 2020). dietpi-software indicates that mono is, indeed, installed.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

So we have the same sonarr version, same mono version yet yours still crashes.

Perhaps the issues aren't the same then? I assume yours only started with a recent update to dietpi like the rest?
nicheplayer

Post by nicheplayer »

GaryD wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:02 am Perhaps the issues aren't the same then? I assume yours only started with a recent update to dietpi like the rest?
Correct. No trouble until the DietPi v6.30.0 update.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Guys, keep in mind that apt software packages updated in front of DietPi update. Means it executed apt update && apt upgrade. Therefore your Sonarr as well as Mono versions are updated as well.