Display logo or info an Raspi HDMI display

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
beko

Display logo or info an Raspi HDMI display

Post by beko »

Hi folks,

I am a great fan of DietPi running it on multiple SBCs.

I am wondering if there is a way to put the original Raspberry Pi display to a good use.

Background: I have a Raspberry Pi 4 sitting on my desk, being located in a case that also holds the original Raspberry touch display. It is only connected via ethernet, no mouse or keyboard attached.

This raspi does serve me as Gitea server. Currently the display shows the default login prompt ("Press return to login").

Is there a way
a) to disable the display by software (NOT disconnecting the cable ;) )
b) to show useful information (system load from NetData, stats from Gitea, etc.)
on this display instead of the login screen?

Any ideas welcome.
Joulinar

Re: Display logo or info an Raspi HDMI display

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

well if you are able to open the website directly with just one link, you could try to run Chromium Kiosk on Autostart to get your web site displayed.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
beko

Post by beko »

H, that might even work for Netdata. Good idea.

Is there a way to use the display as CloudShell display?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

maybe you can have a look to autostart function of DietPi. You have various possibilities like the below.

Code: Select all

14 : Custom - /var/lib/dietpi/dietpi-autostart/custom.sh
5  : DietPi-Cloudshell
There plenty a lot of options
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team