Kodi does not respond to inputs Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
dgiglio

Kodi does not respond to inputs

Post by dgiglio »

I've connected my RaspberryPi to my TV via HDMI wire, and configured DietPi to autostart Kodi but it doesn't respond to any command, via remote control neither if I plug a keyboard directly into the USB port.

The board behaves normally if I type when on the console.

I use a Raspberry Pi Model B Plus Rev 1.2

Any clue?
Thanks in advance
dgiglio

Re: Kodi does not respond to inputs

Post by dgiglio »

UPDATE

The issue seems related to the user privileges of whom runs the applications. No problems when I use root, otherwise no response when using the "diepi" user (uid:1000, gid:1000).

But, well, I suppose it's unnecessary to say that I'd prefer not to run common user applications as root.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

currently auto-start applications require user root otherwise you could have applications failing. This is already know and might change in a later release.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
dgiglio

Post by dgiglio »

Joulinar wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:18 pm Hi,

currently auto-start applications require user root otherwise you could have applications failing. This is already know and might change in a later release.
Well, in this case the config dialog should not query the op about the profile user he wants to use.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

As I said, this is known and will be fixed in a later release.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team