Latest image for OdroidXU4 Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
ChrisH

Re: Latest image for OdroidXU4

Post by ChrisH »

Hi again,

I got the following error :

Apt-get has failed :
- Apt string = libcur13-gnutls libnfs4 libcec3*
- Error code = 100
- Software Title = Kodi: the media center for linux
DietPi-Software will now exit
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

ChrisH wrote:Thanks John. I was 'guestimating' that the Ext4FS expansion process was the culprit ... but may be not. Other systems install on SD with the EMMC card in place ...
Anyway, everything is getting set up just fine. All I have to do is to reinstall the EMMC and close the case.

Cheers.
If you have an OS on the eMMC and another on the SD and both have something like root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 in them the system(s) can get confused and look for the file system on the wrong card. Hence the UUID solution. Maybe the OS's you were using didn't have this - I remember not having to worry about this when the second system on the SD card was Android, but linux distros can get stuffed up by this.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Hi Chris,

Looks like a bug, i'll need to investigate: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/554
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Hi Chris,

Bug's been squashed and the fix will be available in the v134 update.

v134 wont be released for a few days or weeks, so in the mean time, you can fix this issue now by doing the following command in this link below, to get Kodi installed:
https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issue ... -182536385
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

Wow, that was fast. No wonder DietPi is so good. Thanks !

Chris
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

In a somewhat (or very) unrelated question : do you know of any equivalent (or port) of dietpi-cloudshell for other distros ? I find the concept very useful and would install it on other systems. I browsed through the code and saw many references to dietpi ... so it won't be a simple re-compile job ...
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

ChrisH wrote:In a somewhat (or very) unrelated question : do you know of any equivalent (or port) of dietpi-cloudshell for other distros ? I find the concept very useful and would install it on other systems. I browsed through the code and saw many references to dietpi ... so it won't be a simple re-compile job ...
Hi Chris,

DietPi-Cloudshell is currently coded for and expects DietPi to be installed on the system. It works in tandem with DietPi to provide those stats. In other words, at the moment, its "part of the DietPi package".

It could be coded to work with various distros, however, this is not something I have time for at the moment unfortunately.

Other alternatives are mostly web based, NetData being one of the best (in my opinion) for us stat geeks :)