First run over SSh WITHOUT ANY internet connection Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
digik

Re: First run over SSh WITHOUT ANY internet connection

Post by digik »

Trust me, it doesn't work. I've tryed multiple things, such editing /etc/network/interfaces, dietpi.txt and nothing worked. Can you tell me if I should enable something in some config file?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Trust me, if you flash a fresh new DietPi image, it will have SSH activated right at the beginning. DietPi can be manages without physical keyboard and monitor within a headless environment. The only thing needed is a valid network connection. So you would need to have an IP address assigned. That's the way how I manage all my RPi's as well as VM installations. I don't use any physical input devices at all.

But as I see, you already able to edit /etc/network/interfaces. So how do you have access to the system?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
digik

Post by digik »

I've edited /etc/network/interfacs in my PC after flashing it, before inserting it in the rpi but it doesn't work. I'm NOT able to ssh in any way what I'm doing wrong?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Just flash a new image to your SD card. Don't edit any files. Just plug the SD card into your SBC and ensure you have a network cable connected. Just boot your device. Now your SBC should get an IP address assigned from your router. Use this IP to connect to your SBC using SSH.

Btw: what device your are using?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team