First run over SSh WITHOUT ANY internet connection Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
digik

First run over SSh WITHOUT ANY internet connection

Post by digik »

Would be possible to first run over SSH WITHOUT any sort of internet connection? I basically want to flash the dietpi image on a microsd and ssh immediately, is this possible?
Joulinar

Re: First run over SSh WITHOUT ANY internet connection

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

well SSH is already activated during first run. So you could SSH into your system right a way. However during first run, DietPi will perform an update of all Debian packages/components as well as update all DietPi scripts to latest version. But this is same behaviour independent if you use SSH or not. Next to that, after first initial run, DietPi did not contain any software components. So you can't do anything with the system. Means, even if you would skip the first run update, you would get an empty system which doesn't make much sense on my eyes.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
digik

Post by digik »

False. Dietpi contains already a couple of software pre-installed. And BTW if I can access with a normal monitor and keyboard plugged in, why is not possible to skip that first boot routine junk and simply ssh and do whatever i want?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Just for my own interest, what kind of software is pre-installed you like to use?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
digik

Post by digik »

Can you please stick to the initial argument? Is there a way to ssh at first run and do the rubbish initial startup later?
trendy

Post by trendy »

Hit Ctrl-c and interrupt the initial setup.
digik

Post by digik »

How can I do that over ssh? The whole point is to do EVERYTHING over ssh, I have my rpi in a location whare is not feasible to connect monitor and keyboard
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

well initial setup will fail anyway as there is no internet connection. Than you can exit the initial setup. This working on SSH same way as on direct connection.
digik

Post by digik »

No it didn't, I have already tried that. It does not allow me to ssh in any way even if in theory ssh should be enable by default
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

SSH is enabled by default. You always should get a SSH login prompt