Cant access samba

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Joulinar

Re: Cant access samba

Post by Joulinar »

hmm you could raise log level of SAMBA to a higher value to get some debugging done.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
muda

Post by muda »

Joulinar wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 am hmm you could raise log level of SAMBA to a higher value to get some debugging done.
Thanks for help, but I am afraid I am not strong enough to do such things.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

You can set the log level within the [global] section in the smb.conf file:

Code: Select all

log level = 5
This should create log files in /var/log/. The logging level ranges from 1 to 10, where level 1 provides only a small amount of information and level 10 provides a plethora of low-level information. 5 is already a high value and should be used for debugging only. For normal operation, don't use a log level higher than 3.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
muda

Post by muda »

Just a thought

CAn it be related to permissions ? Just noticed that I cant modify files from windows machine . I can only open . Should be able to open files from m.player as well, but who knows what it needs.

Opening from phone VLC works but every single folder is asking for login. Why is that ?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

hmm that sounds strange that VLC is asking for each and every folder. Can you maybe use a different Samba client app to verify the behaviour?

Do you use the same user on windows as well as on your player?

Maybe you player is running such an old SAMBA client that it is not able to connect anymore to current samba server version?? What player you are using?
muda

Post by muda »

Hi Joulinar,

You are asking too complicated questions . haha

I am using really old sat tuner . Its Golden Media Spark from 2012 if I recall it correctly. I dont know what client it is using. It was built in and I am not sure if I am smart enough to instal anything in to it.
Was working as is like year ago :)

Also I try connecting to Pi smb server using same login from all locations.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Well I mean what model you are using. Maybe we will find something on the web