WireGuard Updates not available Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Niwre

WireGuard Updates not available

Post by Niwre »

Hello,

since version 6.26 I don't get any updates for WireGuard. There are several new versions of WireGuard available now, but none of them will be installed with G_AGUP and G_AGUP. When I restore my backup from 6.25 and then do the updates, the latest version of WireGuard is installed. What could that be? I use DietPi on an ESXi 6.0.

Regards
Niwre
Joulinar

Re: WireGuard Updates not available

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

pls can you past output of following

Code: Select all

dpkg -l wireguard
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Niwre

Post by Niwre »

@Joulinar
PNG-Bild.png
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,

you already running latest available WireGuard package 1.0.20200121-2 that was released 10 days ago. There is no newer version.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Niwre

Post by Niwre »

@Joulinar
Hi,
I restored the backup of 6.25.3, then made the WireGuard update and then updated it again to the current version of DietPi. Without this procedure, I would not have received an update for WireGuard.
Regards
Niwre
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

today I was running the update to WireGuard 1.0.20200121-2 on my DietPi system v6.28 without issues.

Code: Select all

G_AGUP
G_AGUG
I don't know how to help you now as you have done the update already.
Niwre

Post by Niwre »

Hi,
then probably just waiting until the next update helps.
Maybe it has something to do with the version of DietPi for the ESXi.
Regards
Niwre
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Well DietPi is not an own Operating System or Distribution. DietPi is a bundle of scripts on top of a standard Debian installation. Nothing more. Means the whole software update process is done the same way as on all other Debian distribution. Basically you could turn a normal Dieban into a DietPi by just running 1 script.
Niwre

Post by Niwre »

Thanks for the explanation, I am unfortunately not familiar with it. I would get in touch with the next WireGuard update, hopefully we can solve the problem.
Regards
Niwre
Niwre

Post by Niwre »

@Joulinar

There is a new WireGuard update again. Unfortunately I cannot install this update with the current version of DietPi either.