Unable to install Diet pi on Ras pi Zero W Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Massy

Unable to install Diet pi on Ras pi Zero W

Post by Massy »

Good afternoon!

I have downloaded the current version of Diet Pi image and done all the usual thing you do for it's installation, however it seems to be an issue with the networking on this version! The setup gets stuck on rebooting loop without going any further on its stages to complete the installation. Have had previously Diet pi on the same Ras pi Zero W no issues. I wonder if there is any problems with current version or if anyone else have the same problem!?

Thanks
Joulinar

Re: Unable to install Diet pi on Ras pi Zero W

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,
many thanks for your report.

Pls can you specify which image you used? As well what is the error message you are facing?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Massy

Post by Massy »

Please see attached files
Attachments
20200121_215418.jpg
20200121_215318.jpg
20200121_215257.jpg
20200121_215213.jpg
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Ok,
You don't have a valid network connect. Without you are not able to proceed.

Do you have WiFi enabled and configured before initial boot? Basically this would need to be fixed first.

Unfortunately within the current RPi image v6.28, that you can download from dietpi.com, you are not able to leave the initial setup program and run dietpi-config. Its an already known behaviour. You basically have 2 options
  1. ensure a valid network connection right from the beginning
  2. use an older image version v6.25
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
Massy

Post by Massy »

Thanks for help. :)
Where can I download the older version of Diet pi?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

I uploaded it to my private cloud

https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/BZiiU3Qg
Password: DietPi
Massy

Post by Massy »

Great! I appreciate your help.
Many thanks. :)
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Btw you can as well exit the firstrun setup loop by pressing crtl+c while it is doing some process, e.g. connection test or DNS resolving. Then one can edit the config files manually. But of course this only helps if one knows how to fix things... For new images I adjusted the behaviour so dietpi-config can be executed during firstrun setup. With DietPi v6.29 it will be possible to adjust related settings right from the error prompt.