LMS Mounting Error Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
buffalo0207

LMS Mounting Error

Post by buffalo0207 »

When I try to mount my music folder from my NAS to my Tinker Board using the Dietpi-Drive_Manager, I keep getting the following error...

[FAILED] Samba mount failed with the following error output:

│ mount error(22): Invalid argument
│ Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
│ mount error(13): Permission denied

I already have samba installed on the Dietpi. Also, I know the route to my music folder on my NAS is correct as I have a Raspberry Pi 3 (without Dietpi) with MyMedia installed by SudoMounting the NAS using the following syntax...

//192.168.10.4/Multimedia/MUSIC /mnt/Media cifs username=admin,password=*************,workgroup=WORKGROUP,users,auto,user_xattr 0 0

This is what I am inserting into the Dietpi-Drive_Manager of the Tinker Board...

Fileserver IP Address:

File servers Shared Folder Name:
Multimedia/MUSIC

Fileservers Username:
admin

Filerserver Password:

Mount Location:
samba

...it's at this point, when I press 'ok', that I then get the error message (in red) above.

Does anyone have any explanation why I am unable to mount my NAS and a possible solution to my issue?

Thanks...
Joulinar

Re: LMS Mounting Error

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,
many thanks for your report. I did some quick test and this error most probably happen if you enter incorrect User/Password combination. If drive manager would not be able to connect to your NAS or the share would be incorrect, you would receive some other error messages.
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
buffalo0207

Post by buffalo0207 »

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I have triple checked I have the correct username and password and I am entering all these details correctly. The fact that I am able to access MyMedia on a standalone Raspberry Pi3 using the sudomounting method shown above with the same credentials leeds me to believe that it must be a DietPi issue...

Is there possibly a way I could enter the details using the nano command?
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

Hi,
as I said, I was able to reproduce the error only, if I type incorrect user/password. If everything was correct, mounting was working fin. Do you use some special characters on your user/pw?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
buffalo0207

Post by buffalo0207 »

Hi,
My password is just one regular word with uppercase letters, lowercase letters and numbers - there's no special characters at all. Again, I checked my credentials and the exact same username and password work perfectly with MyMedia on a standalone raspberry Pi3. I can't work out why it doesn't work with my DietPi installation...
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

hm strange. Ok what you can do as well is to enter your mount point manually into /etc/fstab

Code: Select all

mkdir /mnt/samba
nano /etc/fstab
pls enter following line into the first Network section. I assume you are using SMBv3.

//192.168.10.4/Multimedia/MUSIC /mnt/samba cifs username=<your_user_id>,password=<your_pw>,iocharset=utf8,uid=dietpi,gid=dietpi,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,vers=3.1.1,_netdev,nofail,noauto,x-systemd.automount
Hope I copied some of your information correctly into the mount string :)

once done, do a reboot.
the file system should be mounted as soon as you try to access /mnt/samba

cd /mnt/samba
ls -l
buffalo0207

Post by buffalo0207 »

Sorry for the late reply, but I ended up reinstalling a whole new DietPi installation and the whole issue resolved itself.