Public Key not available

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Bryan

Public Key not available

Post by Bryan »

I tried to update my Raspberry pi 2 by running apt-get update but got the following error:-
W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
Attachments
IMG_20161002_210512.png
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Public Key not available

Post by Fourdee »

Bryan wrote:I tried to update my Raspberry pi 2 by running apt-get update but got the following error:-
W: GPG error: http://www.deb-multimedia.org jessie InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5C808C2B65558117
Hi,

You can remove this repo by running:

Code: Select all

rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/deb-multimedia.list
rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debmultimedia.list
apt-get update
If the issue still occurs, its manually been added and we will need to see the contents of the following:

Code: Select all

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
ls -lha /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thank you,it's updating properly now and thanks for your distro never thought I would find such a lightweight headless easy setup os for raspberry pi. Also have another query which torrent client would you suggest and is in your opinon the best, I will only use it via web-gui.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

Also have another query which torrent client would you suggest and is in your opinon the best, I will only use it via web-gui.
Personal opinion, Transmission. Always works, never fails, good performance.

Deluge is bulky and coded in Python (a little on the slow side). qBitTorrent is c++ using QT but buggy (from my experience).
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Thank you again for everything you’ve done.