Sftp server

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
Joulinar

Re: Sftp server

Post by Joulinar »

why are you not going to use SAMBA?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
mail2rst

Post by mail2rst »

It is my personal preference. I want stay away from apple or windows Eco stream. I want to use genetic approach as if i am able to understand openssh & sftp concept. in future i will able to configure cheap genetic cloud storages with openssh authorization keys etc. so openssh/sftp make a base for my knowledge, configuration or cloud storage hub for home network. please guide me how to confined SFTP connection for dietpi user in "/mnt/dietpi_userdata" directory only. replicate FTP user approach for dietpi FTP server. thanks
trendy

Post by trendy »

If you are using key authentication and the key is not in /mnt/dietpi_userdata , well... I suppose you see the issue.
FYI Samba is not part of any ecosystem.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Ah good point about the key, that would explain it. Although, I'd have expected the authentication to happen before the chroot :?.
Also I'm currently not sure if PermitTTY no breaks SFTP via WinSCP. It is no shell session, but still an interactive session.

Otherwise using the "/../../mnt/dietpi_userdata" path is a good alternative.