Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Post Reply
Deleted User 612

Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by Deleted User 612 »

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I've seen in the latest patch notes that the ownCloud installation has been updated to version 9.x and, having updated (dietpi-update) my system to the latest, ownCloud has not updated, I'm still on 8.x.

Is there a way to update a specific piece of software? I'm sure I updated ownCloud on its own once, but I can't remember what I did :cry:

Thanks for any help,

Tin
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by Fourdee »

Tin Minnow wrote:Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I've seen in the latest patch notes that the ownCloud installation has been updated to version 9.x and, having updated (dietpi-update) my system to the latest, ownCloud has not updated, I'm still on 8.x.

Is there a way to update a specific piece of software? I'm sure I updated ownCloud on its own once, but I can't remember what I did :cry:

Thanks for any help,

Tin
Hi Tim,

Only when installing from dietpi-software will v9 be installed.
We didn't implement a patch for v8 to v9, so you will need to reinstall Owncloud with dietpi-software, or manually update Owncloud via their guides to v9.

If you reinstall with dietpi-software, your data will still exist in /mnt/dietpi_userdata, but the Owncloud MySQL database will be cleared. So a "file scan" within Owncloud would be required to rebuild its database.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Deleted User 612

Re: Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by Deleted User 612 »

Fourdee wrote: Hi Tim,

Only when installing from dietpi-software will v9 be installed.
We didn't implement a patch for v8 to v9, so you will need to reinstall Owncloud with dietpi-software, or manually update Owncloud via their guides to v9.

If you reinstall with dietpi-software, your data will still exist in /mnt/dietpi_userdata, but the Owncloud MySQL database will be cleared. So a "file scan" within Owncloud would be required to rebuild its database.
Hi Fourdee,

Thank you, I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

Sorry this is more ownCloud related than DietPi related, but will my data such as 'ownCloud Users' still be kept after reinstalling or do I need to back that up separately. As in, is it just /owncloud/data in /mnt/dietpi_userdata/owncloud_data or is /owncloud/config there too?

Sorry for all the questions! Can't be said enough that DietPi is an incredible piece of work :D :D :D
User avatar
johnvick
Legend
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:53 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by johnvick »

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=586

This thread is how I update ownCloud.
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=586

This thread is how I update ownCloud.
Great stuff John, thanks for sharing :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
Deleted User 612

Re: Update ownCloud to Ver 9.x

Post by Deleted User 612 »

johnvick wrote:http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=586

This thread is how I update ownCloud.
Thanks john, sorry for the late reply. I did try your method but ran into to trouble, ownCloud doesn't like it if you skip major releases. I ended up deciding that since I don't have a lot of data, to just start from scratch and clean install.

But thanks anyway, I learned a lot from trying your method :)
Post Reply