Unable to find suitable address.

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Sirrus_Rider

Unable to find suitable address.

Post by Sirrus_Rider » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:49 am

Hi All,

New Rasberry Pi 4 owner and I'm trying to set up a next cloud service on it. I got everything running, but I can't seem to map any network drives.

I've got a Drobo 5n that I'd like to map to and I run Diet-pi-Drive_Manager. I'm able to map it no problem, but when I reboot the system so Nextcloud will pick up the drive I get:

Aug 15 05:44:26 Owncloud systemd[1]: Mounting /mnt/samba...
Aug 15 05:44:33 Owncloud mount[525]: Unable to find suitable address.
Aug 15 05:44:33 Owncloud systemd[1]: mnt-samba.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a
Aug 15 05:44:33 Owncloud systemd[1]: mnt-samba.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 15 05:44:33 Owncloud systemd[1]: Failed to mount /mn

If I run drive manger and refresh it then finds the mounts, but again without a restart nextcloud won't pick them up.

Any ideas on what I should look at or do??

Thanks!

MichaIng
Legend

Re: Unable to find suitable address.

Post by MichaIng » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Hmm, strange, it looks like the share is attempted to being mounted too early, when network has not yet fully been setup. In journalctl logs, can you check the order of network services/targets and the network mount?

As well strange is that even if the above is true, dietpi-boot calls mount -a again after our internal network check, that includes checking for a default gateway which is a further prove for network connection being full set up. So even if systemd does not manage to mount the drive in the first place, dietpi-boot should do. Can you paste:
cat /var/tmp/dietpi/logs/dietpi-boot.log