Please help me recover!

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
brtravel

Please help me recover!

Post by brtravel » Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm

I have DietPi running on an Odroid HC2 (xu4) as a Plex server and a few other functions. It's been working trouble-free for months, and I have many configurations that I really don't want to lose. I boot from the microSD, and I've changed the /mnt to the attached HDD. I last updated the software a few weeks ago (6.23?). I don't think I ever created a proper dietpi-backup.

So today, with the drive accessed through Samba, I ran on my computer a scan on the DietPi/HC2 drive and an external drive (using FreeFIleSync) to compare my DietPi/HC2 media folder with a backup of media I keep on the external. Not long after I noticed that my Plex clients couldn't load any media, so I thought something crashed with Plex Media Server. I SSH'd into the DietPi/HC2 and sent the reboot command.

And that's the last I ever heard from her...
:cry:

Now, the LEDs appear normal with activity on the ethernet light and the blue 'heartbeat' LED giving its double blink. I can't SSH into the device (and no hdmi on this board), and looking in my router admin I see that it is not seen as connected to the network. I tried flashing DietPi to a different microSD, and that booted up fine, is visible to the router, and I can SSH to it, so it doesn't seem to be a network or hardware issue. What could be 'corrupted' on that microSD that causes it to no longer show up in the network?

So is there anything I can try to get back the installation I had yesterday?

waulu13

Re: Please help me recover!

Post by waulu13 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Doesn't it have a UART port to access to a Linux console?

brtravel

Re: Please help me recover!

Post by brtravel » Sat May 18, 2019 5:02 am

Oookay, nevermind ???

I left it plugged in, but didn't do anything more, for maybe 12 hours, and I just noticed it's all working again! Samba, Plex, other software.

Weird.

Thanks for listening.