DietPi for Qnap Virtualization Station 3

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
Ramx2

DietPi for Qnap Virtualization Station 3

Post by Ramx2 »

Hi,

Is it possible to make the DietPi works on Virtualization Station 3?

Importing the images of Vmware and VirtualBox doesnt work in addition the Native PC (UEFI) doesn't work either :x

Thank you
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: DietPi for Qnap Virtualization Station 3

Post by MichaIng »

Hmm, QNAP doesn't list Debian as supported OS: https://www.qnap.com/de-de/support/con_show.php?cid=94
Perhaps some required driver(s) is not free.

But where does boot actually stuck? It also could have something to do with UUID of the virtual drive not being important thus the bootloader looks for a drive that does not exist anymore. See: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5785

In this case as mentioned in the link, install a clean Debian (if even possible, would be that best test to check whether the supported OS list is correct or Debian for whatever reason has just been forgotten) via removable drive installer an run the DietPi-PREP script on it to turn into DietPi.
Ramx2

Post by Ramx2 »

I have Qnap TS-453Be, with Intel processor.. I assume Debian is compatible with ARM Qnaps :x
ralban

Post by ralban »

Hi Folks-
I also have a QNAP running Virtualization Station and have encountered similar issues (neither the Vmware or VirtualBox images will import). In the case of VirtualBox, I received a checksum error.

I did install Debian to my QNAP (Intel proc) and attempted to run the Debian installer script. Debian installed perfectly fine to the QNAP, so I suspect the lack of Debian in the QNAP documentation was an oversight. However, I did receive an error from the dietpi installer script that the i686 architecture was not supported, and installation halted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Ryan
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Ah DietPi is not compatible with x32 non-ARM arch, only x86_64. This is the reason the installer fails in the first place. We already had some discussion about allowing this but it requires much work and the amount of x86 x32 systems is very low to be true...