Raspberry PoE-HAT Fan Speed

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
moosehead

Re: Raspberry PoE-HAT Fan Speed

Post by moosehead »

Opening this thread back up.

It seems after installing the latest DietPI OS update (7) the POE fans on all of my pis have stopped working completely.

No additional config was done to them. It just worked out of the box.
I can see them jitter for a moment when booting up, which they already do, but they never run after.

Temps are in the red and I'm getting warnings.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

DietPi is not an own OS, it's a set of scripts on top of Raspberry OS (in your case)

For testing purposes, I use the official RPi fan heat as well on a RPi1 and there it is working well without issues.

Did you checked values inside /boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=gpio-fan,gpiopin=14,temp=50000
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
moosehead

Post by moosehead »

Joulinar wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:19 am DietPi is not an own OS, it's a set of scripts on top of Raspberry OS (in your case)

For testing purposes, I use the official RPi fan heat as well on a RPi1 and there it is working well without issues.

Did you checked values inside /boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

dtoverlay=gpio-fan,gpiopin=14,temp=50000
I checked. Settings are still there. Seems that something got borked on the 7 update.

I was able to fix it though. Performing a sudo apt-get update then upgrade fixed whatever was going on and it's working perfect now.
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

running apt is updating all apt managed packages. As apt is the standard Debian package manager, it is not really something DietPi is influencing. However dietpi-update invoke apt update && apt upgrade in front of DietPi scripts update.

Question, did you have done a reboot after updating DietPi?
Pls let us know if a solution is working. This could help others if they hit by similar situation. Your DietPi Team
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

There was a kernel package update somewhere between yesterday and today, I guess that has to do with it :).
Joulinar

Post by Joulinar »

could be, at least the fan was working on my RPi1 using the new kernel 5.10.17 already. Good that RPi devs fixed it so fast ;)

For testing purposes, I downgrade to last stable kernel 5.10.11 and fan was working still