Also can't boot my new Rock64 Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
smallfish

Also can't boot my new Rock64

Post by smallfish »

Want to use Dietpi on this new Rock64 board. Able to load Debian Stretch Minimal on SD card from the Rock64 site. System boots and I am able to use Putty and SSH in to the system. Rock64 shows on the network with an IP and I can ping it.

I then downloaded and burned Dietpi on a new and different SD card via etcher. Loaded the second card and connected the Rock64 to the network....nothing. Unit is not seen on the network and I can not ping it or get an IP. Everything lights up ie I have WBLs and power as in the first boot. ??????????? Any suggestions.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Re: Also can't boot my new Rock64

Post by MichaIng »

We think we found the issue and push an update soon.

Currently you can do the following:
After login the first time, interrupt the automated update and/or cancel dietpi-software when it prompts, and do:

Code: Select all

echo 1 > /DietPi/dietpi/.install_stage
echo 1 > /DietPi/dietpi/.update_stage
dietpi-update 1
echo 1 > /DietPi/dietpi/.install_stage
systemctl restart dietpi-ramdisk
reboot
smallfish

Post by smallfish »

Thanks for the reply. I will await the update of the OS for the Rock64. As a old engineer from the era of nixie lights and punch cards it is beyond me at this point. Thanks to all of you who do the heavy lifting, this is an outstanding web site and forum. Since I can not even get the machine to light up and it has no IP, I can not SSH in so I can not do the workaround. Catch 22.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Ah you have no monitor and keyboard to attach to the Rock64?

Btw the Rock64 DietPi image has been updated on 2. February, if you want to retest: https://dietpi.com/downloads/images/
smallfish

Post by smallfish »

Thank You!!!
With the February rebuild for the Rock64 I was able to download, burn SD card with etcher and boot up. Able to shell in right away. System did auto update and auto upgrade. I am off and running. Outstanding. Thank you again for all the work you do. :D
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@smallfish
Do you also recognize worse performance compared to the old image? : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5580

Since we switched the base image from Ayufan to ARMbian to provide more current kernel and such.
smallfish

Post by smallfish »

Sorry for the slow reply, I have been away. This is my first adventure with the Rock64 and Diet Pi so I have no previous reference point. Sorry I can not answer the question.