Pi2 error on login

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Pi2 error on login

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:Hi Fourdee,

All I did was install PHPMyAdmin, MySQL - through your interface.

I suspect the SD card as dietpi has worked very reliably on a Pi 1 and XU4 here.

The PSU is an Apple 10W which I would have thought good enough for a Pi 2 with USB wifi and Pi Cam?

John
Hi John,

The PSU should be fine. As long as it can sustain a stable 5 volts (although 4.8-5.1 range should be fine).

If the issues persist, let me know. I'am just wondering if our daily fstrim cron job might possibly be corrupting files.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

I'm not (as far as I am aware) running fstrim on this (unless it is installed by default on v123?). This is a Pi2 with 8GB SD.

I disabled fstrim on the XU4, which has an SSD, as it didn't seem to be doing anything.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

I'm not (as far as I am aware) running fstrim on this (unless it is installed by default on v123?). This is a Pi2 with 8GB SD.

I disabled fstrim on the XU4, which has an SSD, as it didn't seem to be doing anything.

John
Hi John,

We enabled a automatically daily FStrim in DietPi v121.

I experienced similar issues yesterday:

Code: Select all

-bash: /DietPi/dietpi/login: No such file or directory
We also had a few reports from other users with similar issues.

I believe FStrim is the cause and I have disabled it in v125 until we can prove otherwise: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/440

So probably best to do a fresh installation if you can.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

I'm up to 125 on both devices so should be OK?

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

johnvick wrote:I'm up to 125 on both devices so should be OK?

John
Hi John,

Are these from a fresh installation of a DietPi image, or, existing installation and upgraded at a later date?
johnvick
Legend

Post by johnvick »

Hi Fourdee,

The XU4 has been going for several weeks but I can't remember what version I started on. The Pi2 started on v120 and then auto upgraded. Both now on v125.

John
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

The XU4 has been going for several weeks but I can't remember what version I started on. The Pi2 started on v120 and then auto upgraded. Both now on v125.

John
Hi John,

The XU4 will be fine as FStrim doesn't work on the device, so running the command had no effect.
RPi will be fine also as it updated during 1st run and disabled the daily FStrim.

Everything should be stable now, if you get any issues, please let me know :)