Unable to change wifi key during installation Topic is solved

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
dietpi_user

Unable to change wifi key during installation

Post by dietpi_user »

Using latest 1.2.0. Mistyped my wifi key, unable to change. Never prompts for a wifi key/pass again after the very first time. Tried to select 'manual', typed in my ssid, never showed screen for they key, went to asking if it should connect with the old key. Tried selecting a ssid from the scan list, again, does not ask for they key, asks to connect to selected ssid with the original mistyped wifi key. Rebooted, same crap. Now have to reformat the damn thing...
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Unable to change wifi key during installation

Post by Fourdee »

dietpi_user wrote:Using latest 1.2.0. Mistyped my wifi key, unable to change. Never prompts for a wifi key/pass again after the very first time. Tried to select 'manual', typed in my ssid, never showed screen for they key, went to asking if it should connect with the old key. Tried selecting a ssid from the scan list, again, does not ask for they key, asks to connect to selected ssid with the original mistyped wifi key. Rebooted, same crap. Now have to reformat the damn thing...
Hi,

As this is a new issue, we will need to debug it.

I assume you have already started with a fresh image, but if not, can you paste the results of the following please (please hide any wifi keys):

Code: Select all

cat /etc/network/interfaces
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.