Deprecation warning: This post is deprecated. Please find our new documentation at: https://dietpi.com/docs/software/bittorrent/#lidarr
Automatically download your favorite music.
NB: A download client is required:
- Transmission BitTorrent server is recommended to enable automatic downloads.
Access web interface:
First Run Setup:
Before you can add music, you'll need to select a search indexer to use from the web interface:
- Simply goto Settings > Indexers then choose at least one indexer.
Setup your download client:
- Simply goto Settings > Download Client, select your installed download client and enter required credentials.
Setup file creation mask:
Add a music:
- If you require write access from other applications (e.g. Plex subtitle downloads), you'll also need to set the file/folder creation mask to allow this.
- In the the web interface, select Settings
- Toggle to Advanced settings slider (enable it)
- Under Media Management tab, scroll down to the bottom of the page under Permissions, set the following values:
- Save changes
Using custom download/media directories outside of /mnt/:
- Simply select Artist > Add New
- Type a name of the artist you wish to find
- Once found, under root folder, use the following location /mnt/dietpi_userdata/downloads
- Change any other settings as required, then select Add
Since DietPi v6.29, by default Lidarr has strict permissions to only access download and media directories inside /mnt/
. If you need to use a different location, please do the following:
Link databases to RAM:
- 1. Run dietpi-services from console
- 2. Select lidarr
- 3. Select Edit
- 4. Uncomment (remove leading #) the line, starting with ReadWritePaths=
- 5. Add your custom path to the end of this line, separated by one space
- 6. Press ctrl+o buttons to save and ctrl+x to exit
Link the Lidarr info/settings database to RAM to increase access performance, reduce disk I/O and avoide constant external HDD spinning due to the very regular access to these files: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5828
Recommended: Protect your privacy with a VPN:
Although we enable forced encryption on all our BitTorrent clients, if you wish to ensure complete privacy and peice of mind for all your downloaded content, using a VPN is critical.
>> Return to DietPi-Software List