dietpi / odroid c2 .. no plexmedia server option

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
repomanz

dietpi / odroid c2 .. no plexmedia server option

Post by repomanz »

Hey everyone. New to Odroid C2 and dietpi. I was going through available software and noticed that plexmedia server is a added version in build 119 however when i try to find it in dietpi-software it is not listed. Only kodi and a few others. Am I doing something wrong here?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: dietpi / odroid c2 .. no plexmedia server option

Post by Fourdee »

repomanz wrote:Hey everyone. New to Odroid C2 and dietpi. I was going through available software and noticed that plexmedia server is a added version in build 119 however when i try to find it in dietpi-software it is not listed. Only kodi and a few others. Am I doing something wrong here?
Hi Repomanz,

Plex do not provide a ARM64 Plex Media server binary at this time.

Also, as Plex Media server is not "opensource" (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/13093 ... ver-source), we have no way of compiling Plex Media server for ARM64 boards (C2/Pine64).
Plex will either need to release a pre-compiled linux binary for ARM64, or, release the sourcecode for compiling, before we can add it into dietpi-software.

Yep, i know, it sucks :(
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.