Help to Increase File System Size

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
GaM3r2Xtreme

Help to Increase File System Size

Post by GaM3r2Xtreme »

Hey everyone,

I just flashed the latest DietPi Jessie image (v115) on an 8GB SD card. I noticed that the boot partition takes 60MB, another partition labeled "other" in easeUS taking up 500MB, and then 6.85GB unallocated space. I'm assuming that the "other" partition has to be the file system (I've seen this happen with an ubuntu install as well), but I can't seem to adjust this partition in easeUS. Is it possible to adjust this when booting up the raspberry pi instead?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Help to Increase File System Size

Post by Fourdee »

GaM3r2Xtreme wrote:Hey everyone,

I just flashed the latest DietPi Jessie image (v115) on an 8GB SD card. I noticed that the boot partition takes 60MB, another partition labeled "other" in easeUS taking up 500MB, and then 6.85GB unallocated space. I'm assuming that the "other" partition has to be the file system (I've seen this happen with an ubuntu install as well), but I can't seem to adjust this partition in easeUS. Is it possible to adjust this when booting up the raspberry pi instead?
DietPi will automatically expand the 2nd partition to fill up all space. This occurs when you boot DietPi for the 1st time.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.