[Solved] Pops and Clicks with RoonBridge

Having issues with your DietPi installation, or, found a bug? Post it here.
scumbag

Re: [Solved] Pops and Clicks with RoonBridge

Post by scumbag »

@MichaIng
I tried all of the commands you listed below but they failed!! I did a fresh install of the OS just in case that might fix the issue but it failed again.
Here are the errors, in the order that they occured:
2019-02-25_0852.png
2019-02-25_0853.png
2019-02-25_0853.png (5.28 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

@scumbag
Most likely your system time is out of sync, leading to the SSL errors, try: /DietPi/dietpi/func/run_ntpd

Perhaps in case of non-USB sound card, the IRQs are wrong and blocked because of this. I have to check.
I opened an issue about increasing Rock64 performance via special script. The content indicates that different IRQs are needed to be adjusted (in terms of affinity) for different interfaces: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2588
scumbag

Post by scumbag »

Thank you!!! Are the 2 issues (not able to update and not able to change CPU affinity) related?
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

No, the DietPi-Update issue ist not related. Please fix that first, I hope the steps provided do the trick ;).
scumbag

Post by scumbag »

MichaIng wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:39 pm @scumbag
Most likely your system time is out of sync, leading to the SSL errors, try: /DietPi/dietpi/func/run_ntpd

Perhaps in case of non-USB sound card, the IRQs are wrong and blocked because of this. I have to check.
I opened an issue about increasing Rock64 performance via special script. The content indicates that different IRQs are needed to be adjusted (in terms of affinity) for different interfaces: https://github.com/MichaIng/DietPi/issues/2588
Hello, I got the update to work after running the command you suggested.
Now my device fails to appear in Roon. I tried reinstalling the DAC but to no avail.
MichaIng
Site Admin

Post by MichaIng »

Please be a bid more verbose:
- You applied dietpi-update and are now on v6.21?
- And after the update your USB soundcard cannot be selected from within Roon UI?
- And before doing the update this was the case?

In case please paste:
cat /etc/asound.conf
aplay -l
jason_a69

Post by jason_a69 »

I was having this issue playing music from the command line with Sox and also mpg123. I installed Kodi and it worked fine with the fix.