Rock64 + Automation?

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
DarkSlave

Rock64 + Automation?

Post by DarkSlave »

First, need to say what an awesome job the DietPi group have done. I am in total awe on how detailed this installation is. I had been messing around with my Raspberry Pi 3B and 3B+, and was mentioning how I was writing a bash to do a torbox for me, to make the install easy, and one of the guys mentioned DietPi. Well, I gave up on my menu thing.. heh

Anyway, to my question, as I am new to DietPi and can't find or don't know.

Regarding the Automation, the instructions mention the /boot/dietpi.txt, but I can't seem to get INTO the SD card once it the image has been installed from a Windows machine. How can I edit the dietpi.txt for future automation?

Downloaded the DietPi for Rock64 and looking at the performance section, it mentions 408 MHz and a 1296MHz; but the Rock64 is a 1.5Ghz processor. What would be the best setup for performance, as I"ll be using it as a torrent box/seed box for myself.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DarkSlave on Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock64 4GB
Raspberry Pi3B+
Raspberry Pi3B (x2)
scorpio1991

Re: Rock64 + Automation?

Post by scorpio1991 »

Hey, Im new in all SBC thing, just bought Rock64 and my first OS is DietPi. Awesome OS, very easy to use DietPi tools. And for your automation problem to find dietpi.txt: solution for me was to boot live linux and from linux I was able to see microSD partitions, because you cannot see on normal windows explorer linux partitions. Maybe some 3rd party explorer will show it to you, but easiest way is just boot some ubuntu or debian from USB and edit file from there. :)
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

scorpio1991 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 am Hey, Im new in all SBC thing, just bought Rock64 and my first OS is DietPi. Awesome OS, very easy to use DietPi tools. And for your automation problem to find dietpi.txt: solution for me was to boot live linux and from linux I was able to see microSD partitions, because you cannot see on normal windows explorer linux partitions. Maybe some 3rd party explorer will show it to you, but easiest way is just boot some ubuntu or debian from USB and edit file from there. :)
Thought about that, but the reason for the question is due to I have loaded Raspbian many times onto my Raspberry Pi's and I am able to see the bootable partion, so I thought maybe this would be the same. Of course I am able to see it once the DietPi is up and running on the system, now is to ask and learn what lines to edit/add, but it would make it useless if I have a file that on my computer (desktop, where I make the images for this SBCs) and not be able to read/write to them, so they work automatically as it is intended; see my point.
Rock64 4GB
Raspberry Pi3B+
Raspberry Pi3B (x2)
scorpio1991

Post by scorpio1991 »

I see your point, but thats the way, because Windows cant read EXT4 partitions and Linux is using them. :/ Or switch from Windows to Linux :D Then you will be able see everything :)