LMS and Squeezelite for PINE A64+ Topic is solved

Suggestions for features and software you would like to see in DietPi, goes here.
mrpn900

LMS and Squeezelite for PINE A64+

Post by mrpn900 »

I use Logitech media server at home for all my FLAC music streaming Rpi as my hardware and would like to use PINE for that purpose as well. I have tried several PINE images to install LMS with no luck- some modules not loading.

I noticed DietPi as an option and I installed the DietPi image on my PINE A64+. Everything went fine. One thing I was missing was the LMS and Squeezelite.

Any chance of including LMS and Squeezelite to PINE A 64 DietPi?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: LMS and Squeezelite for PINE A64+

Post by Fourdee »

mrpn900 wrote:I use Logitech media server at home for all my FLAC music streaming Rpi as my hardware and would like to use PINE for that purpose as well. I have tried several PINE images to install LMS with no luck- some modules not loading.

I noticed DietPi as an option and I installed the DietPi image on my PINE A64+. Everything went fine. One thing I was missing was the LMS and Squeezelite.

Any chance of including LMS and Squeezelite to PINE A 64 DietPi?
Hi,

Currently Squeezelite + LMS is only available for the RPi. I think we had similar issues with other devices, hence the option for installation is disabled.

I did a test install on Odroid C2 (arm64, I dont have a Pine64 yet), squeezelite seems to be fine, LMS not so much:

Code: Select all

root@DietPi:~# /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver
The following modules failed to load: DBI EV XML::Parser::Expat HTML::Parser JSO                                                                 N::XS Digest::SHA1 YAML::XS Sub::Name

NOTE:

If you're running some unsupported Linux/Unix platform, please use the buildme.s                                                                 h
script located here:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/tree/public/7.9/CPAN

If 7.9 is outdated by the time you read this, Replace "7.9" with the major versi                                                                 on
You should never need to do this if you're on Windows or Mac OSX. If the install                                                                 ers
don't work for you, ask for help and/or report a bug.

Exiting..
Lets try to fix the missing errors

wget https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver-vendor/archive/public/7.9.zip -O package.zip
unzip package.zip
rm package.zip

#build prereqs
apt-get install -y build-essential yasm libgd-dev
cd slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN
./buildme.sh

UNAME_MACHINE = aarch64
UNAME_RELEASE = 3.14.29+
UNAME_SYSTEM  = Linux
UNAME_VERSION = #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 19 15:57:42 CEST 2016
configure: error: cannot guess build type; you must specify one
./runConfigureICU: ./configure failed
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make failed
Ok i've made a ticket for your request so we can look into this for you. I'am not sure when that will be (we have alot of stuff to finish for v119 still): https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/354
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
mrpn900

Post by mrpn900 »

ok thanks for creating a ticket for my case and looking forward to some progress
mrpn900

Post by mrpn900 »

any plans on somebody taking a look at this?
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

mrpn900 wrote:any plans on somebody taking a look at this?
Unfortunately, I can't take more on at the moment. rTorrent is taking much longer than expected for v129, and still lots to finish up: https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/milestone/30.

I can only recommend you keep bumping this thread, and/or get users to post on https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/issues/354, peaking interest. Popular items and donator requests take higher priority.
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
k-plan

Post by k-plan »

Fourdee wrote:... and donator requests take higher priority,
Donator requests ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sorry can't resist. Like to see this: #472 and #212

What donation do you like? :D
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.
mrpn900

Post by mrpn900 »

another gadget bought in vain...
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

k-plan wrote: What donation do you like? :D
From you, not needed ;)

I'll take a look at those requests in v130.
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

mrpn900 wrote:another gadget bought in vain...
I cant promise anything, but i'll take another look for v130 https://github.com/Fourdee/DietPi/milestone/31. Hoping to get v129 completed and release this week.
k-plan

Post by k-plan »

mrpn900 wrote:another gadget bought in vain...
Really sad to read this.

You buy a brand new device without a existing community and a scraggy manufacture support?
You are not able or willing to invest time, work or money?
You hopping for Santa Claus coming around and satisfy all of your wishes?

Howling around will change nothing. Sorry, but welcome in real live.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal and Bitcoin.