No internet when on WiFi when on static IP Topic is solved

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
o/\o

Re: No internet when on WiFi when on static IP

Post by o/\o »

Hi,

I successfully updated to v79. Dual IP case seems to be no more, but the original problem of having no Internet access is still there. Only thing left is to try a fresh image flashing and that will take some self-convincing.

Thanks for everything, Fourdee.
User avatar
Fourdee
Site Admin
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: No internet when on WiFi when on static IP

Post by Fourdee »

o/\o wrote:but the original problem of having no Internet access is still there. Only thing left is to try a fresh image flashing and that will take some self-convincing.
Hi,

I ran a test today on my RPI with static wifi ip, was unable to replicate the issue. I've checked through your network settings.

The only thing i can see might be wrong is your gateway:
gateway 192.168.100.53
Unless you have specified this in your router lan settings, this should be 192.168.*.1.

I would recommend you try the following to copy the working IP addresses from DHCP:
- Run dietpi-config 8
- goto the Wifi Menu
- change from STATIC to DHCP and select "Apply Save Changes (Restart Networking)"
- Now your setup with the working DHCP ip address, you can use "Copy Copy Current address to Static", then change to STATIC and save again "Apply Save Changes (Restart Networking)".
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
o/\o

Re: No internet when on WiFi when on static IP

Post by o/\o »

Fourdee wrote:
o/\o wrote:but the original problem of having no Internet access is still there. Only thing left is to try a fresh image flashing and that will take some self-convincing.
Hi,

I ran a test today on my RPI with static wifi ip, was unable to replicate the issue. I've checked through your network settings.

The only thing i can see might be wrong is your gateway:
gateway 192.168.100.53
Unless you have specified this in your router lan settings, this should be 192.168.*.1.
Hi, Dan. No, that's proper, it's not an error.
Fourdee wrote:I would recommend you try the following to copy the working IP addresses from DHCP:
- Run dietpi-config 8
- goto the Wifi Menu
- change from STATIC to DHCP and select "Apply Save Changes (Restart Networking)"
- Now your setup with the working DHCP ip address, you can use "Copy Copy Current address to Static", then change to STATIC and save again "Apply Save Changes (Restart Networking)".
I'll give it a go. Just to rectify my previous post, dual IPs are still here ater the v79 update. It's not a problem, it's not giving me any issues, only something I wanted to mention.
I'll try and find the time over the w-end to do a fresh install of DietPi and cross my finger that'll solve the issues.
Post Reply