Dietpi-cloudshell remotely

Have some feedback, questions, suggestions, or just fancy a chat? Pop it in here.
shlagwuk

Dietpi-cloudshell remotely

Post by shlagwuk »

Hi!

I have now two pi running dietpi:
  • one with a little screen (raspberry pi 2)
  • one without screen (raspberry pi 3)
I want to display dietpi-cloudshell on the raspberry pi 2 screen but with data from the raspberry pi 3.

I have a few ideas:
  • fbgrab to capture the screen (useless, there is no screen attached to the raspberry pi 3)
  • fbi to display a picture on the raspberry pi 2 (useless, there is no image grabbed…
Any idea how I could proceed? :)
Fourdee
Site Admin

Re: Dietpi-cloudshell remotely

Post by Fourdee »

shlagwuk wrote:Hi!

I have now two pi running dietpi:
  • one with a little screen (raspberry pi 2)
  • one without screen (raspberry pi 3)
I want to display dietpi-cloudshell on the raspberry pi 2 screen but with data from the raspberry pi 3.

I have a few ideas:
  • fbgrab to capture the screen (useless, there is no screen attached to the raspberry pi 3)
  • fbi to display a picture on the raspberry pi 2 (useless, there is no image grabbed…
Any idea how I could proceed? :)
DietPi-Cloudshell can be run in a terminal, and over SSH.

Open a terminal on the RPi 2 and SSH into the RPi 3.
Once done, on the RPi 2 ter,inal SSH, you can run dietpi-cloudshell , select "Output Display > Current screen or terminal" then click start.

If you run LXDE/Desktop on the RPi 2, you should be able to fullscreen the terminal and change the font size as needed.

Image below is from a windows SSH viewing XU4, basically same effect.
Attachments
Untitled.png
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.
shlagwuk

Post by shlagwuk »

Thanks, that was quite easy :D
But this way, I have to plug my keyboard and ssh from the pi2, and then run "dietpi-cloudshell". Is there a way to do this at boot?

I tried, with crontab:

Code: Select all

@reboot /usr/bin/ssh root@192.168.1.40 "/DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-cloudshell 2"
But it seems to run dietpi-cloudshell locally… :?:

edit:
it's working with

@reboot /usr/bin/ssh root@192.168.1.40 "/DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-cloudshell 2" > /dev/tty1
Fourdee
Site Admin

Post by Fourdee »

shlagwuk wrote:
edit:
it's working with

@reboot /usr/bin/ssh root@192.168.1.40 "/DietPi/dietpi/dietpi-cloudshell 2" > /dev/tty1
Excellent! :)
If you find our project or support useful, then we’d really appreciate it if you’d consider contributing to the project however you can.
Donating is the easiest – you can use PayPal or become a DietPi patron.